ROOTS BUTCHERY COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The competition is open to all residents of South Africa except for any person who is a director, member, partner, employee, service provider, agent of, or consultant of Roots Buying Group (Pty) Ltd. This shall include their spouses, life partners, immediate family members, business partners and associates or any other person who directly controls or is controlled by Roots, the prize sponsor or any other person connected to or employed by any sponsor in the aforegoing capacities or relationships.
2. The competition is open to all South African residents with a green bar-coded ID only.
3. The competition will run until 30 November 2018. Winners announced by 15 December 2018
4. To enter the Cash Prize competition, entrants are required to buy Roots products to the value of at least R100.00 from participating Roots stores, and by writing their ID number, name and telephone number on the back of the till slip and placing it within an entry form box found at the participating store.
5. Any other competition which is not listed on our website and run by our stores, are independently administered by the store. As such terms and conditions for store-specific competitions need to be obtained by the relevant store.
6. This is a complete list of participating stores along with cash prizes that can be won. It is important to note that these cash prizes (for each store) reflect the total prize pool and are not stand alone winnings. In other words if a store is giving away R50 000 this can be broken down into any denomination at the store’s discretion to allow more people the opportunity to win. To use the R50 000 example again the store can choose to award R35 000 as a first prize, R10 000 as a second prize and R5 000 as third prize. Again how this cash is split is not fixed and will differ between stores. We recommend that you contact your store to confirm how the prizes will be allocated.
Blouberg – R50 000, Boitekong – R50 000, Cosmo – R50 000, Daveyton – R30 000, Ga-Rankuwa – R50 000, Groblersdal – R30 000, Jozini – R50 000, Kwagga – R50 000, Letlhabile – R25 000, Maake – R35 000, Mahlakung – R35 000, Modjadji – R60 000, Mandeni – R100 000, Orange Farms – R60 000, Piet Retief – R50 000, Phokeng – R50 000, Phola Park – R50 000, Rustenburg – R18 000, Soshanguve – R50 000, Taung – R50 000, Thabong – R60 000, Thorntree – R50 000, Tonga – R50 000, Tzaneen – R10 000, Welkom – R30 000, Zebediela – R60 000
7. Competition winners are drawn monthly from the entry box and contacted immediately after their name has been drawn from the entry box. This is provided their contact number has been provided legibly on their till slip and they answer the phone call. Should the call not be answered, we will have no choice but to draw another winner for the relevant month. The winner will be required to bring their ID document/card in store to redeem their prize.
8. Roots and/or the prize sponsor shall not be held responsible for any disputes arising from
the competition or the prizes.
9. Prizes are not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
10. Finalists will be contacted telephonically and winners’ names may be published and/or
utilised for marketing purposes.
11. Any winner accepting a prize also accepts any rights and obligations relating to that prize and undertakes to provide Roots with any reasonable information to enable it to adhere to its obligations under the Consumer Protection Act, or any other relevant legislation.
12. If the winner is under the age of 18 – he/she will be required to have their parents/legal
Guardian accept the prize on their behalf.
13. The risk in all prizes shall pass to the prize winners once possession has been taken
14. Prizes exclude any form of transportation and/or delivery thereof to the prize winners’ places of residence and Roots shall not be liable for any travel, transport, accommodation, incidental or any other costs relating to the receipt and use of any prize.
15. Roots, the prize sponsor and their associated companies, agencies and partners cannot be held responsible for any accident, injury, harm, loss or damage due to the acceptance, possession, ownership or use of any prize without limitation, whether caused directly or indirectly. The winners may be requested to enter into further indemnity agreement/s deemed appropriate by Roots or the prize sponsor, before taking ownership of any prize.
16. The winners may be required to appear on any form of media/marketing material, for
which no fee will be payable to the prize winners by Roots.
17. Entrants accept the receipt of promotional material from Roots, subject to the availability
18. The copyright, image rights and any other rights vesting in any promotional footage and
photographs shall remain the property of Roots, who reserve the right to use them in any manner whatsoever.
19. Any participant who transgresses any of these terms and conditions or who acts in any
way contrary to the spirit of this promotional competition may be banned from entry into any other Roots competition, for a period deemed appropriate by Roots management in consultation with the panel of judges/auditors.
20. Roots and the prize sponsor reserve the right to cancel the competition at any time, if
deemed necessary in their opinion and/or if circumstances arise outside of their control. No participant shall have recourse for such cancellation.
21. If necessary, acting reasonably, Roots reserves the right to alter the rules or prizes at its
own discretion. Such altered rules and prizes shall become effective immediately after eing altered, or on such date as may be determined by Roots. No entrants shall have any recourse against Roots as a result of the alterations of the rules or prizes.
22. Should any prize winner be found not to have complied with the rules, he/she may be
automatically disqualified at Roots sole discretion.
23. Entry implies acceptance of these rules.